Wednesday, February 10, 2010

So it turns out...

I'm not very good at this blog thing. I had every intention of keeping it up... but life happens and it's hard to find time to write about it (I wasn't even able to find time to run, let alone write about the lack of running!). I had started a couple of entries but they all pretty much said the same thing: Too much stuff going on to run. Life was insane. But things are finally settling and I've starting running again mid Jan. and started officially training Feb. 1.

I've hooked up with Derrick Spafford to coach me for the momentous task of the Haliburton 100 miler. Hardly seems real right now as I'm not running more than 1.5 hrs which is a little frustrating. Its amazing how much fitness you lose after 6ish weeks of being off. But looking back it was probably good for my body to heal all those little aches and pains. Runners rarely take off-seasons like other sports, but this time I did and am now just trying to catch up.

The trouble now is finding some trails to run on that aren't too far away(I got yelled at by a XC skier on my usual trail), and also not letting the cold (with windchill it's always between -20 and -30) keep me indoors.

107 days until Sulphur Springs 50 miler
212 days to go 'til Hali 100 miler

but who's counting?

Well, I've got lots of work to do. Better get out there for a run!

See ya!

2 comments:

  1. If Boston goes well this year (as in I take it easy and recover well) I'll be at Sulphur for the 50 miler too, and if that goes well I'll be at Hali for the 100.
    Fun times ahead for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have dropped off my blogging lately also. I've been running all winter but hit the "sick of winter" wall around Feb 1st, so got a gym membership. Hope to get back outside soon though!

    ReplyDelete